MyCatholicSource.com Home | Join FREE Mailing List | More Catholic Activities | Catholic Basics | Keep Us Online | More Crossword Puzzles
Also See: The Pope (Topic Page) | Catholic History (Topic Page)
Instructions: Print, then complete. Note: Omit spaces and punctuation.
9. Dove landed on his head during election
11. Built Great Leonine Wall enclosing the Vatican
13. First pope not canonized a saint
14. Seventh century pope known for performing miracles
15. First of two popes to be called "The Great"
16. Wrote the famed encyclical "Rerum Novarum" and many encyclicals on the Rosary
17. First Franciscan Pope
19. Claimed the papacy three different times
2. Orphan, first pope to succeed his older brother
3. Moved papacy to Avignon
4. First monk to become pope
5. Signed the Lateran treaty, instituted the feast of Christ the King
6. Reigned from 116-125, ruled that sacred vessels were to be touched only by sacred ministers
8. First Dominican Pope
10. Great reformist pope who fought modernism and advocated frequent Communion
11. First French Pope
12. Returned Papacy to Rome
18. Canonized the Tridentine Liturgy, instituted feast in gratitude to Our Lady for victory at Lepanto (10/7)
Copyright © 2001-2017, B.F.S. All rights reserved.