The song "The Twelve
Days of Christmas" was written during a time of persecution and contains hidden
meanings, such as...
* Partridge in the Pear Tree -
* Two Turtle Doves - the
Old and New Testaments
* Three French Hens -
faith, hope, and charity
* Four Calling Birds - four
* Five Golden Rings - first five books of the Old Testament
* Six Geese a-Laying - six days of
* Seven Swans a-Swimming -
seven gifts of the
* Eight Maids a-Milking - the eight
* Nine Ladies Dancing - nine choirs of
* Ten Lords a-Leaping -
* Eleven Pipers Piping - the faithful eleven
* Twelve Drummers Drumming - twelve articles of the
Reminder: We make no guarantee whatsoever regarding any item herein. Items herein may be the opinions of their authors and do not necessarily reflect our views.
All applicable items may be subject to change at any time without notice. Utilize any link(s) appearing on this page at your own risk.
For more terms information, see "Important Notice" below.