Proper Catholic Bibles contain the true, complete,
unadulterated written word of God to mankind. Protestant 'bibles' may omit
entire books or passages, include corrupted passages, contain heretical
footnotes / comments, etc. Traditionally, they may be viewed as "spiritual
here for more Q & A concerning Catholic Scripture vs. Protestant 'bibles',
such as these topics...
* Have some Protestants intentionally corrupted
passages of Scripture?
* Where did Protestants get New Testament Scripture?
* Which books of Holy Scripture do Protestants reject?
By what authority do they reject these books?
* Is it wrong to use a Protestant bible?
* How can I tell if a bible is Catholic?
* Should I engage in bible study with Protestants?
Reminder: We make no guarantee whatsoever regarding any item herein. Items herein may be the opinions of their authors and do not necessarily reflect our views.
All applicable items may be subject to change at any time without notice. Utilize any link(s) appearing on this page at your own risk.
For more terms information, see "Important Notice" below.