Purpose / Benefits / Goals of User-Submitted
* To provide a valuable resource for visitors
* To provide "more permanent" user-submitted content
* To allow "experts" or others with experience / good ideas / good
insight / etc. a Catholic forum to share their thoughts &
* To cover a larger variety of topics
* To accommodate user submissions longer than 750 characters
* To potentially provide a starting ground for posting topics on
this site (e.g. as readers may comment re: articles in their posts)
Do views expressed in articles reflect your
No. Views of others do not necessarily reflect
our views, whether or not those views appear on our site.
If an article appears on this site, does
that mean you approve of it or recommend its contents or author?
What guarantees do you make regarding user
submitted articles, authors of articles, etc.?
We make absolutely no guarantee whatsoever regarding any
user submitted article, author, website, publication, business,
organization, topic, content, suggestion / tip, etc.
Where can I find user-submitted articles?
Click here for
What article topics may be available?
See below or
click here for more some suggested topics.
Note: If you want to suggest an article topic, please
to request an article on your desired topic.
When can I submit my article?
Why not submit it now?
How do I submit my article?
Click here to submit your article.
Do I have to be an "expert" to submit an
Catholic authors only, please. In matters of
faith, authors must be orthodox & well-catechized. Authors should
use proper English/grammar. No other author requirements specified
(however, see below for additional guidelines).
What should the purpose of my article be?
Articles should inform / inspire / assist /
interest others in some way. Articles should not be
disguised advertisements for products / services / websites / books
/ organizations / companies / etc. or disguised solicitations for
What topics are acceptable for my article?
Many topics may be acceptable. Scroll down or
click here for a list of suggested topics. Note, however, that
this list is NOT comprehensive. Articles on many other topics may be
submitted. Also note that we may call for articles on particular
topics as we receive requests / suggestions from other visitors.
What formats are acceptable for my article?
A variety of formats is acceptable - e.g.
traditional article format, Q & A format, bullet points, essay, etc.
May my article cover a current event?
Yes, as long as the article has lasting value
and will continue to be understandable long into the future.
Minimum Article Size
Articles should contain 750 characters
minimum. (Note: If your article is under this amount, consider
submitting the article as a post in the applicable section)
Maximum Article Size
Not specified at this time (Note: Article
should not be excessively long and must not exceed maximum allowable
submission size of submission form)
Maximum Number of Submissions Per Author
Limit 50 article submissions per person per
How might authorship be indicated?
Byline may be included at beginning (e.g. "By
Bob Smith"). Signature line may be included at end [e.g. your
printed name, title (if applicable), short biographical information
(if desired), e-mail address (if desired),
web site address (if desired).]
May authorship of article appear as
Is contact information required to appear?
Are images allowed with articles?
Not at this time.
What are the article submission terms?
Submission terms for articles are the same as
for all user submissions (see
more information and also see items herein and on
for terms). Note that by submitting your article, you give us
irrevocable permission to use your contribution on our sites /
newsletters / promotional materials / advertisements / etc. at no
Are changes allowed to articles?
No changes are allowed to articles after
submission. (Note: This applies even to contact information.)
Note, however, that we may edit your article at
our sole discretion.
Can articles be deleted?
Sorry, we cannot honor author requests to
delete articles. We may, however, delete articles at our sole
How long might articles appear on this site?
Articles may appear on this site indefinitely.
Are links to other websites allowed in my
If the link is necessary to your
article, a link(s) may be allowed as a footnote. Also, your
signature line may include a link.
Should I contact you about my article?
Please do not contact us about your article.
What items are
prohibited in articles?
Items prohibited in posts are also prohibited
here for list of prohibited items in user posts.
Must articles be original?
Articles should be original.* NO COPYRIGHT
PROTECTED MATERIAL WHATSOEVER**
* Note: Some articles may not be original (e.g. very
old items which are not copyrighted.)
** Unless, of course, you are the author
What are some potential benefits enjoyed by
* The knowledge that you may be helping your brothers & sisters
* The "prestige of being published"
* The opportunity to be regarded as an "expert"
* Potentially the opportunity to have a link to your site, traffic
to your site, inquires concerning your area(s) of expertise, etc.
* Potentially the ability to interact with other Catholics who are
interested in your article
* The ability to support this site at "no cost"
Can I pay to have my article included here?
Will all articles submitted appear on this
No. Just like posts, not all articles will
When will my article appear on this site?
If your article appears, it will appear at our
sole discretion. Please note that it is our intention to publish
them as soon as possible.
What are some topics to avoid?
Topics to avoid include...
* Any topic covering prohibited items (see above or
* No book reviews (instead, use the Catholic Book Review & Exchange
Section for book reviews)
* Sports / athletics articles (however some male athletics articles
may be appropriate to submit)
* 'Divorce' / childcare / 'single-parent' related topics
* Articles on cooking (some exceptions may be allowed)
* Overly secular articles [except as indicated in the suggested
article topics list (see below or
Other Guidelines / Information
* Articles should have a Catholic focus whenever applicable.
* Be sure to use proper punctuation and grammar
* English language only (Latin may be allowable if each and every
word contains a proper English definition)
* Do NOT use all caps
* Be sure to check spelling & facts before submission
* No promoting unapproved apparitions
* Only submit articles in full communion with the perennial
Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church
* No modernist / liberal articles
* No feminist articles
* No sedevacantist or schismatic submissions
* No "modern spiritualities"
* No "charismatic" articles
* No anti-tradition articles
* No false ecumenism
* No religiously indifferent articles
* Items that are religious must be Catholic - NOT generically
* Do not disclose personal information that should not be disclosed.
not name anyone without their permission. As applicable, you may use
first names only or initials only.
* Treat all creatures of God respectfully
* No inappropriate humor
* Use sufficient gravity
* All submissions must follow our
code of conduct
* Avoid articles with regional interest only
* Do not name political candidates or political measures
* Sorry, but we cannot guarantee to consider all submissions
* Sorry, but we cannot provide feedback about submissions. Note also
that we cannot respond individually regarding our decision whether
or not to include an article on our site. Please do NOT send
inquiries or follow-ups regarding your submission.
* Traditional topics may be given preference
* Latin rite only, please
* Signature line may be limited. We may limit contact information to
one e-mail address / one web address (or less) per article.
* Be sure to follow all instructions on submission form.
* We cannot remove your e-mail address once it has been included. If
you do not want your e-mail address included on the site, do not
include it with your signature line text.
* You can feel free to to indicate formatting requests with your
submission, but we reserve the right to format articles in any way
of our choosing.
* Refer to user posts submission tips for additional guidelines (click
here) [Note: All applicable guidelines for user posts also
apply to user submitted articles]
* All applicable terms apply regardless of submission method
* All items subject to change at any time without notice
Topics May Include (but are NOT limited to)...
Advancing in Virtue
Advent / Christmas
Answered Prayer Stories
Apparitions (approved apparitions only)
Babies / Infants
Bearing the Cross
Blessed Virgin Mary
Bringing Back Fallen Away Catholics
Building Strength / Endurance (spiritual focus)
Catechesis (orthodox only!)
Catholic Business Owners / Entrepreneurs
Catholic Customs & Practices
Catholic Entertainment / Recreation
Catholic Ethics & Values
Catholic Fiction (if specifically noted as fiction)
Catholic Fun & Activities
Catholic Health Care
Catholic Historical Figures
Catholic Hobbies / Crafts
Catholic Leaders (please be charitable)
Catholic Life Issues
Catholic Prophecy (e.g. of scripture / the saints / popes)
Catholic Religious Orders
Catholic Seniors' Issues
Catholic Travel / Pilgrimages
Catholic Wedding Planning
Catholics in the USA
Childlessness / Infertility
Children With Special Needs
Communion of the Saints
Contemplation / Meditation
Crime / Punishment
Current Events (only if article has lasting historical value)
Dealing With Irreverence
Dealing With Loss
Defeating the World's Values
The Disadvantaged / Poor
Dissent (exposés on)
Early Church Fathers
Employment / Unemployment (men)
Entertaining / Heartwarming Stories
Exposing Myths / Falsehoods / Deception
Facts & Figures
Faith, Hope & Love
Fallen Away Catholics
Family Devotions & Practices
Financial / Economic Matters (appropriate financial / economic
Food For Thought
For the Clergy
Friends & Neighbors
Fruits of Vatican II
Good / Bad Habits
Handicapped / Developmentally Disabled
Heart / Soul
Heresy / Heretics
Holidays / Seasonal
The Holy Eucharist
The Holy Family
The Holy Rosary
The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
The Holy Trinity
Home Remedies (appropriate, proven, time-tested remedies only)
Humility / Pride
Husband / Wife
Immaculate Heart of Mary
It's for the Best
It's Never Too Late
Joy / Sorrow
Justice / Mercy
Keeping the Faith
Kingship of Christ
The Last Things
Latin ('Tridentine') Mass
Latin Language (each Latin word must have English definition)
Learning From Mistakes
Lent / Easter
Life Changing Experiences
Living Out Gospel Teachings
Living Out the Faith
The Lonely / Forgotten
Love of God
Making a Difference
Marriage & Family
Married Life (appropriate topics only)
Marvels & Miracles (substantiated)
Memory Impaired Persons
Modernism / Liberalism (against)
Modesty / Chastity
Myths / Fads
News Stories (only if lasting value/interest)
Obedience / Disobedience
Occasions of Sin
Offensive / Immoral Practices & Organizations
Organ Donation Issues
Pain / Suffering / Health (appropriate topics only)
Passing on the Faith
Penance / Confession
Planting Seeds of Faith
Pope / Vatican
Pregnancy / Childbirth (avoid being too graphic, please)
Preparing for Confession
Prodigal Son Return Stories
Promoting Catholic Tradition
Proper Roles For Men & Women
Q & A
Relics / Images
Religious Indifferentism (against)
Rest Home Alternatives
Sacred Heart of Jesus
Safety / Security / Protection
Sanctity of Life
Satan / Hell
Seasonal / Holidays
Setting a Good Example
Sewing / Knitting / Crocheting
Sin / Evil
Success / Failure
Suffering / Death
The Terminally Ill
Tips & Suggestions
Traditional Prayers (if not copyrighted)
Tribulation / Trials
Trusting in God
Walking By Faith
What I Would Do...
Women's Issues (NO feminist articles)
Words of Encouragement
Young Adults' Issues